Sneak preview of Novozymes at the 2018 Fuel Ethanol Workshop
We’re just a week away from the International Fuel Ethanol Workshop & Expo (FEW), the largest and longest running ethanol conference in the world.
This year’s expo in Omaha, NE will continue the annual tradition of insightful conversations and valuable networking opportunities, and the Novozymes team is excited for all the learning and development to kick off.
Don’t miss our 6 featured speakers
FEW will host more than 100 expert speakers across four different tracks. But we’re especially excited about the six speakers representing Novozymes who will share insights on a range of topics, from maximizing yeast performance to harnessing the power of data.
Check out the list below for Novozymes’ featured speakers and topics, as well as the times they’ll be on-hand at Booth 1020 to discuss your individual business needs:
- “Training the Ethanol Industry Workforce” with Kerry Greathouse, Associate Scientist, Technical Service, Biofuel
- Tuesday, June 12 from 1:30 to 3 p.m. in Grand Ballroom A. Kerry will be at Booth 1020 from 5 to 5:30 p.m. following her presentation.
How much are you spending on training, and how might that money (and time) be better spent? Kerry will take a look at the impact training can have on your plant and the global opportunities currently available, both online and on-site.
- “Maximizing Yeast Performance by Using a Liquefaction Protease” with Patrick Mandulak, Scientist
- Tuesday, June 12 from 3:30 to 5 p.m. in Room 216. Patrick will be at Booth 1020 from 5:30 to 6 p.m. following his presentation.
As the ethanol industry continues to push plants beyond design capacity, they need healthy yeast to tolerate increasingly stressful conditions. Patrick will show how adding a liquefaction protease can provide yeast with more efficient and effective nutritional benefits when compared with urea added to fermentation.
- “Novel Yeast Strains Reset Performance Expectations” with Dale Earls, Staff Scientist, Technical Service, Biofuel
- Wednesday, June 13 from 8:30 to 10 a.m. in Room 216. Dale will be at Booth 1020 from 12 to 12:30 p.m. following his presentation.
Process conditions can vary widely in an ethanol plant, exposing yeast to a variety of stressors. This a constant challenge for yeast in the marketplace. Dale will examine how new yeast strains are rising to meet that challenge.
- “Automated Reporting to Harness the Power of Data” with Elizabeth Waguespack, Scientist, Technical Service, Biofuel
- Wednesday, June 13 from 8:30 to 10 a.m. in Room 213. Elizabeth will be at Booth 1020 from 10 to 11:30 a.m. following her presentation.
How much time could you be saving by automating your reporting process? Elizabeth shows how automating, collating and organizing data from multiple sources can lead to more consistent reporting and better, more efficient decision making.
- “Continuous Improvement: Measurement System Analysis” with Derek Payne, Senior Research Associate
- Wednesday, June 13 from 10:30 a.m. to Noon in Room 216. Derek will be at Booth 1020 from 12 to 1:30 p.m. following his presentation.
Ethanol producers rely on their data to make critical decisions daily. But what if the data is not telling them the whole truth? Derek explains how Measurement System Analysis (MSA) can help producers determine if the variation seen in the data is true to the process or noise from the equipment, methods or operators.
- “Advanced Yeast and Customized Enzymes for Increased Reliability and Production” with Hamid Rismani Yazdi, Senior Scientist
- Wednesday, June 13 from 10:30 a.m. to Noon in Junior Ballroom 201. Hamid will be at Booth 1020 from 12:30 to 1 p.m. following his presentation.
Yeast is a key and highly sensitive element in the production of ethanol. In his presentation, Hamid will examine the pros and cons behind various engendered traits and popular modifications of yeast, and how the combination of advanced yeast with enzymes can help producers achieve optimized performance.
Stop by our booth for a chance to win!
As an added bonus, when you visit us at Booth 1020 to talk with our speakers, you can fill out a quick survey for a chance to win a $500 Cabela’s/Bass Pro Shop online shopping spree.
It goes without saying that we’re eagerly anticipating this year’s Fuel Ethanol Workshop. We look forward to seeing you there!
Latest posts by Geoff Hayward (see all)
- [Webinar] Yeast, yield, and plant performance - June 11, 2018
- Sneak preview of Novozymes at the 2018 Fuel Ethanol Workshop - June 5, 2018
- White House announces plan to allow year-round E15 sales - May 11, 2018