Secures the lowest total cost of producing ethanol by unlocking new ways to optimize a plant’s conversion process. Cellic CTec3 is a state-of-the-art cellulase and hemicellulase complex that allows for the most cost-efficient conversion of pretreated lignocellulosic materials to fermentable sugars compared to any other cellulase or enzyme complex available in the market for cellulosic ethanol production.
By using Cellic CTec3 in your plant you will benefit from:
- Significant reduction in the total cost of producing ethanol
- New potentials for optimizing conversion processes, including:
- Increasing biomass to sugar conversion
- Decreasing enzyme dosing
- Increasing total solids loading
- Reducing hydrolysis time
- Reducing the severity of pretreatment
- Great process and substrate versatility
Cellic HTec3 is our newest commercial enzyme for effective hydrolysis of insoluble and soluble hemicellulose. Using Cellic HTec3 alone or in combination with Cellic CTec3, your plant can further optimize pretreatment by reducing chemical use and leaving Cellic HTec3 to complete the hemicellulose hydrolysis to fermentable sugars. This will enable even greater utilization of biomass sugars through an unparalleled cellulose and hemicellulose conversion and improved fermentation.
By including Cellic HTec3, your plant can achieve:
- Increased total biomass-to-sugar conversion and plant yields
- More efficient conversion of xylan to xylose
- Reduced process complexity and environmental impact
- Reduced pretreatment severity, lower chemical consumption and improved fermentation
De-risk your cellulosic ethanol project with Novozymes and Beta Renewables. We can demonstrate 2G technology at the world’s first operating cellulosic ethanol plant at commercial scale. The Crescentino plant has an annual production of 40.000 metric ton. As front drivers of industry development, we are also willing to guarantee the total cost performance of your cellulosic ethanol plant.
In November, 2012 we decided to enter into a strategic partnership with Beta Renewables, to jointly market our cellulosic biofuel solutions.
The mission of the partnership is to de-risk the technology and operations, thus supporting development of the cellulosic ethanol industry and to prove to the industry that cellulosic ethanol plants can be run at a profit today.
The Novozymes/Beta Renewables partnership offers a technology package that combines the skills of three committed market leaders:
- Novozymes supply market-leading enzymes
- Beta Renewable license the Proesa™ process technology for conversion of biomass to sugar
- Chemtex supply basic engineering and key equipment