From starch to dextrins – the unsurpassed performance of our liquefaction enzymes and our unmatched industry expertise combine to optimize the front-end processes of ethanol production.
During liquefaction alpha-amylases are needed to reduce dextrin chain length and mash viscosity prior to saccharification and fermentation with yeast. Novozymes Avantec® and our Liquozyme® products liquefy and prepare the corn for optimal fermentation, resulting in higher yields and reduced operating costs.
With custom product strengths to meet your plant’s specific needs, our enzymes allow you to power up your liquefaction with these benefits:
- Greater ethanol throughput and yield
- More efficient starch conversion
- Rapid viscosity reduction
- Decreased energy consumption
Novozymes offers ethanol plants much more than just the best enzymes in the industry. Our dedicated and knowledgeable support teams, customized training programs, and reliable customer service and delivery enable you to stay ahead of the competition and realize your potential.
- This revolutionary product set the industry standard for liquefaction
- Reliable viscosity reduction to perform in a broad range of operation conditions
- Broad pH range – pH 5.0-6.0
- Super-concentrated formulations (Liquozyme SC 4X and Liquozyme SC DS) are also available
- Industry-leading viscosity and throughput; yield-enhancing liquefaction
- Trouble-free viscosity at a pH as low as 4.8 enables throughput improvements
- 2% ethanol yield improvement
- Viscosity gives plants the greatest flexibility to optimize for yield or throughput
- 2% natural gas reduction
Avantec® Amp is Novozymes’ advanced liquefaction solution that offers the highest possible ethanol yield and throughput, increases oil yield, significantly reduces chemical costs and simplifies your operations. Avantec Amp’s unique formulation outperforms all competitive enzymes in boosting ethanol yield and corn oil.
Avantec Amp provides excellent viscosity reduction in cook at low pH conditions, enabling the potential for increased throughput and giving your plant the flexibility to run at higher solids or higher run rates.
Avantec Amp reduces the amount of urea and ammonia added to fermentation by 70% to 90% by weight, and eliminates the need for protease added to fermentation, thus simplifying the production process. Reducing urea by 80% means thousands of fewer bags to be handled by plant operators, as well as cost savings.
Avantec Amp provides robust starch conversion while enhancing yeast health with a consistent and preferred nitrogen source of amino acids and peptides, achieving lower glycerol profiles. This results in highly consistent fermentations.
- Outperforms all competitive products in boosting ethanol yield and corn oil
- Excellent viscosity reduction, enabling increased throughput
- Significantly reduces urea and ammonia to fermentation – 70% to 90% less by weight – resulting in lower costs, less need for storage and handling, greater safety, reduced risk of errors
- Total removal of stand-alone protease
- Up to 15% increased corn oil yield, even for plants currently using a protease
- Improved yeast health – more consistent fermentations
- Can be used across a broad pH range in cook